When we announced the Miami Valley Road Race Series presented by New Balance Dayton this past weekend it was the culmination of months of work centered around one idea, produce the highest quality races in the Miami Valley (and beyond). We know that runners have a lot of race options so we set out to be different, authentically different. Every weekend there are multiple overpriced races where you aren’t guaranteed a shirt, you are lucky if you get a medal and if you do it is likely generic, and if you happen to get some post-race food…well, enjoy your banana and bottle of water, that’s completely unacceptable. Thus from the inception of this series, the goal was to produce a user experience that stood apart from all other races, we have done this in multiple ways to include but not limited to;
- Choosing unique race venues and courses
- Partnering with the best local sponsors who share our vision for producing a phenomenal event
- Incorporating local elements in all we do to keep your money in the community
- Work with local charities to leave a positive impact on the communities we race in
- Make information readily available through multiple channels so you can make informed choices
- Offer incredible value to our participants from start to finish
- Never stop challenging the status quo of what we can do to improve the race experience
- And most importantly, return races to their true origin, being about the runner
With those thoughts in mind, every race in the series offers the following at a minimum;
- Official New Balance Tech Tee Race Shirt
- Gorgeous Finisher Medals (completing all three races earns runners 4 medals that connect to form the state of Ohio!)
- Custom race bibs (we know they are custom because the printer has NEVER cut this style bib before and they are the largest bib producer in the country!)
- USATF certified and fast race courses
- Excellent selection of post-race food
- Handmade in the USA wooden awards for Overall, Masters, and Age Group winners three deep.
- Portion of race proceeds supports local charities
- Large series awards and New Balance gift cards for top three overall and top three masters runners
Additionally, too often races forget about children, the future of running. We have not only not forgotten about the kids, we’ve gone above and beyond, partnering with Dayton Children’s Hospital to produce three great Kid’s Runs for an extremely low cost that all come with;
- Custom finisher medals
- Custom race bibs
- Great post-race for the kids too!
And the best part is, this is all only the beginning. We’ve got so many fantastic ideas we are excited to implement throughout the whole experience for our customers. From seamless registration to flawless execution on race day, every detail from beginning to end will be thought through and we are confident you will see that we are a step above.
So join us at the Miami Valley Road Race Series presented by New Balance Dayton as we produce three races, you earn four medals, and we all have one amazing time!